Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my student Email account?
Microsoft Office 365 can be accessed from any PC on campus (or off campus). Go to www.nwfsc.edu and click on the Email link located across the top of the page. Then click on the NWF State College Email button. Use your NWFSC username and password to log into your mail.
How do I forward my student email to another email account?
- Log into your NWFSC Student E-mail
- Click on the settings button (gear icon in the upper right corner) and then choose options
- From the menu on the left hand side select ‘Forwarding’
- Enter the email address you would like your email forwarded to
- It is recommended that you check the box to ‘Keep a copy of forwarded messages’
- Click Save
What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
There are several places on our website that will allow you to reset your password. They are conveniently located on the NWFSC Email page, the RaiderNet 2.0 login page and the D2L login page. You will be prompted to enter your NWFSC username and answer two of the security questions before creating a new password.
What are the password requirements?
- Must have a minimum of 8 characters
- Must contain at least one number or symbol
- Cannot contain your first or last name
- Cannot be similar to your previous 6 passwords
What is security awareness?
The knowledge and attitude members of an organization possess regarding the protection of the physical, and especially informational, assets of that organization. Being security aware means you understand that there is the potential for some people to deliberately or accidentally steal, damage, or misuse the data that is stored within a company's computer systems and throughout its organization. Therefore, it would be prudent to support the assets of the institution (information, physical, and personal) by trying to stop that from happening.
What is SPAM?
SPAM is the word used to describe unwanted e-mail. The term is most often associated with Unsolicited Commercial E-mail also commonly known as UCE, but it also applies to any other type of undesirable or unwanted e-mail, usenet postings, instant messages, promoting web sites, and other such items.
How to reduce SPAM?
- When you receive a UCE, delete it. Never click on any web links or open attachments associated with UCE.
- When you receive a UCE, do not reply. If you are given the option to remove your address, do not do so unless you are certain the organization is reputable. This is usually just a way for the organization to verify that your address is still actively used. If you request to be removed from the list, your address may simply be resold to another UCE.
- Avoid giving out your primary e-mail address. Guard your main e-mail address just as you would your telephone number.
- Use the filtering capabilities in your e-mail client to block UCE.
- Report all spam to your e-mail administrator or Helpdesk.
What is phishing?
Phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.
How to report phishing attempts?
Report any phishing attempts, hacking, or compromised accounts to information security. You can forward the message to email@example.com. Be sure to include full message headers in your email.
Is there Wifi available on campus?
Yes, students can either connect to the NWFGuest network or they may bring their device to the Helpdesk in Bldg. 430, Room 102 to gain access to the Student network. Wifi is available at all of the NWFSC campuses. Helpdesk hours are M-F from 8am – 5pm.
What is my username and password for RaidertNet 2.0?
NWFSC uses a single sign-on system. Which means your username and password for RaiderNet 2.0, Email, D2L and signing on to campus computers are all the same. If you reset your password for one account, it resets for all of them. Your username is the first part of your NWFSC email address. For example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then your username will be doej.
How do I request my official NWFSC transcripts?
Go to www.nwfsc.edu and click on Transcripts located under Current Students. Here you will click on the TranscriptsPlus button. Then click on the Start My Order button and follow the prompts to order and pay for your transcripts online.
How do I view my unofficical NWFSC transcripts?
Once you are logged into RaiderNet 2.0, click on the Student tab. Then click on the Admissions, Registration, Records button. Under the Student Records section, you will see an option for Academic Transcript (Unofficial).
Where do I find my 1098T Form?
Once you are logged into RaiderNet 2.0, Click on the Pay Fees tab. Then click on the CashNet Access button. Here you will find your 1098T.
How do I get my grades?
Once you are logged into RaiderNet 2.0, click on the Student tab. Then click on the Admissions, Registration, Records button. Under the Student Records section, you will have options for Midterm and Final grades.