Testing RequestsStudents who have provided appropriate documentation of a disability to the Disability Support Services (DSS) Office may request testing accommodations through the Testing Center. Space is limited, so students should provide 5 days advance notice for testing accomodations.
How to Request Testing Accommodations:
- After your accommodations have been established through DSS, you will want to discuss a plan with your faculty members about when and where you will take your tests. You should also determine with your faculty as to whether you want to handle quizzes in the same manner as tests.
- As soon as you know your exam dates, complete the submission form at the Testing Center website:
You should provide five (5) days notice for all testing accomodation requests.
- Check your NWF email for feedback from testing.
- Contact your faculty member and request the exam.
- Come to the Testing Center in building 400, room 278, at the day and time scheduled. Arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time with ALL materials that your professor allows you to use during the exam.
- ALWAYS contact your faculty member and the Testing Center immediately if you cannot come to a scheduled exam. Only your faculty member can give permission to take the test later if you miss your appointment.
- If you have questions, please contact Testing Center at 850-729-6016.
Faculty Information for Exams with DSS:
When a student or Testing Center staff contact you regarding planning an exam in the Testing Center, you have choices as to how you may provide the exam and testing information (such as time allotted, materials allowed, and return of the exam to you). The choices include:
- Upload your exam and information to RegisterBlast using the Test Center link that follows:
Walk your exam and information to the Testing Center in building 400, room 278
If you have questions, please contact Testing Center at 850-729-6016.
Disability Support Services (DSS)
Building 410, Room 119
100 College Blvd.
Niceville, FL 32578
Coordinator Phone: (850) 729-6079
Accommodation Specialists Phone: (850) 729-6014
Fax: (850) 729-6893
Florida Relay Service
In Florida: 711
Voice: (800) 955-8770
TTY: (800) 955-8771