- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
March 23, 2017
NICEVILLE- The Northwest Florida State College Jazz Ensemble was recently selected by Jazz Pensacola to participate in the Gulf Coast All-Star Collegiate Jazz Band, which will be led by trumpeter Wayne Bergeron, one of the most sought after jazz musicians in the world.
Following a jazz clinic with Bergeron, the All-Star Band will present a concert March 31 at Pensacola State College. In an active year of accolades, the NWF Jazz Ensemble was also recently selected to compete and perform in the finals of the Pensacola Jazz Society Jazz Competition and participated in the Jazz Educators Network conference in New Orleans, working with Count Basie Orchestra member, Kris Johnson. The group has also performed throughout the community at a variety of events including a tribute to WWII veterans held at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola on Veteran’s Day.
In the finale to their year, the NWF Jazz Ensemble will present a free concert of traditional and new jazz favorites on Tuesday, April 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the Mainstage Theater of the college’s Mattie Kelly Arts Center in Niceville. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. with seating selection on a first-come basis.
Don’t miss this free concert as the Jazz Ensemble showcases their talents! Led by NWF State College adjunct music faculty and professional jazz musicians Fred Domulot and Tom Latenser, the Jazz Ensemble includes both instrumental and vocal performers who have become known throughout the community for their popular appearances at events such as the Pensacola Jazz Festival and more.