- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- Spotlight Example
- NWF State College Energy Savings: Chalk up a million for good behavior
Collegiate High Student Nicholas Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
March 7, 2017
NICEVILLE- Nicholas Gestring, a junior at Collegiate High at NWF State College and Niceville resident, has been selected to be a representative on the CHELCO Youth Tour to Washington D.C. in June.
The CHELCO Youth Tour began in February when over 20 local area high schoolers were selected for a two day trip to Tallahassee where they participated in a mock trial and Senate hearing. Following this trip, the same students then competed locally for the opportunity to continue on the Youth Tour to Washington D.C.
Gestring is one of four from the CHELCO service territory selected to visit the nation’s capital for a week of learning about government, history and the role of cooperatives. During this experience, students will also learn how to become better leaders and plan for their future education and careers. “I am excited for this opportunity and the chance to stand out among my peers,” says Gestring. “I also hope to learn how to become an encouraging leader for the future.”
After completing high school, Gestring plans to attend the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where he will pursue his dream of becoming a fighter pilot in the United States Air Force.