Computer Programming and Analysis
Associate in Science
This program is designed to provide the education and skill development to prepare students for entry-level employment or supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in the field. Students will learn a variety of programming and software languages through hand-on computer applications such as Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic and Python.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Perform data file activities.
- Perform analysis activities.
- Perform program design activities.
- Perform coding activities.
- Perform testing activities.
- Perform user-training activities.
- Perform implementation activities.
- Perform user support activities.
- Perform evaluation activities.
- 60 credits
- 2-year program
Computer technology jobs are currently in high demand, growing faster than average, as businesses continue to integrate more computer technology. Due to the rapid growth in demand for computer support specialists and systems administrators, those who have strong computer skills and a degree in a computer field continue to be in high demand in the job market. Professional certifications and practical experience, in addition to a degree, increase job prospects further.
Average or Median Salary
$87,220 per year or $41.93 per hour