Am I eligible for Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds? (Updated 01/15/2021)
May 14, 2020
Higher Education Emergency Relief
Northwest Florida State College is participating in the Higher Education Economic Relief grant for students. If you are experiencing financial difficulties due to COVID-19 and meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to submit an application for funding.
These funds will be sent directly to BankMobile via your refund preference. Please make sure you have selected a refund preference with BankMobile if you submit a grant application. You can check BankMobile here.
UPDATE as of October 13, 2020:
- Total amount of funds NWFSC received: $1,265,250.00
- Total amount of emergency aid distributed to students as of December 20, 2020: $1,265,250.00
- Estimated total number of students eligible to receive emergency aid for Fall 2020: 1695
- Total number of students who have received emergency aid: 863
- HEERF Quarterly Full Report – September 2020
- HEERF Quarterly Full Report – December 2020
Eligibility Requirements per the Department of Education
- Students must have completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA
- Only students who are or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA):
- U.S. citizenship or eligible noncitizen;
- Valid Social Security number;
- Registration with Selective Service (if the student is male);
- A high school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting.
- Be currently registered for Fall 2020 term.
- Not owe a refund on title IV grants or Not be in default on title IV loan or have fraudulently obtained or received title IV loans, or in excess of annual or aggregate limits
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations
- Students who have already received an emergency grant prior to September 1, 2020 are eligible.
Additionally, the amount of funds you will be eligible to receive will be based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated by your FAFSA. If you are unsure what your EFC number is, please login to your FAFSA account and review your 2020-2021 application.
See All News
Back to News Center